Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Montana morning...

In Nebraska no less. We had quite a storm roll through last night. Lightning, thunder, and rain...lots of rain! This morning its cloudy and cool. Right now (8:15 am) its 67 degrees with a light breeze. The forecast calls for A.M. Thundershowers and a daytime high in the mid 90s. Until then, the morning reminds me of Montana, on the Madison. Beautiful. This is the time of year when my fondest memories are knee to thigh deep in the Madison River with a fly rod in hand. Not striving to catch the biggest trout in the stream but to catch the longest-lasting memories. And I have a stringer full.
If I could have but one wish, I wouldn't wish these types of memories for anyone else. (Not unless I had at least two or three wishes.) All the same, as Henry Fonda said in the film SPENCER'S MOUNTAIN, "I don't need to wait for heaven, Mother Ida. I get a little heaven 'bout everyday."




























And this is Montana — the Madison River...

No comments: